Russell’s Real Lives
Understanding ADD/ADHD and developing strategies for a bright future
A diagnosis of ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand there can be a sense of relief for parents who have struggled to make sense of their child’s behaviour and now have an explanation, but it also means that their child is likely to find socialising and school more challenging and they will need to help them cope with this long-term.
Teaching young people strategies that can help them to manage their disorder and handle day-to-day situations is fundamental to their personal well-being and their ability to achieve their potential academically. This is something I’ve been doing for the past two decades, so when a young man resident in Dubai, came to see me, I was able to bring all my experience to bear in helping him increase his concentration levels and manage his impulsive behaviour. Using a combination of hypnotherapy and life coaching, I was able to help him take control of his condition so that he could make effective choices where his behaviour was concerned.
This is all about empowering young people and he was thrilled with the results…
“I am a great believer that holistic approaches should be the first resort and not the last. That’s why I was keen to see Russell, because I felt he had a recognised track record in helping young people who were struggling in some way. In the past my ADD has had a significant detrimental affect on my progress, but I feel Russell has helped me to develop lifelong strategies for dealing with it.
Since seeing Russell, I can focus for much longer periods and I feel far more like I’m controlling it [ADD/ADHD] rather than the other way around. Now, my parents and I are able to look far more positively towards the future, which fills me with a real sense of hope that I can go on to be successful. Thanks Russell, I will never forget what you’ve done for me.”
Russell Hemmings is a world renowned life coach and hypnotherapist working with clients on a range of issues from his bases in Dubai and the UK.
- ‘Junk food almost killed me’
- ‘I can’t wait to fly to see my fiancée’
- Kids - Hypnotised to overcome their traumas
- ‘I was robbed of my peace of mind, but hypnotherapy saved me...’
- CEO - ‘I lost 35kg on the hypnotism diet’
- ‘Grounded by my fear of airline food’
- ‘Hypnotherapy saved me from nightmares of the tsunami’
- The boy who was hypnotised to fly home
- ‘Hypnotherapy cured my mother’s panic attacks’
- From fat to thin thanks to hypnotherapy
- ‘I lost 30kg on the hypnotism diet’
- Childhhod obesity - ‘I was hypnotised into losing 30kg in six months’